Creating a fine art portrait
So much more than a pretty picture
Crafting a fine art portrait...
Fine art portraiture begins with a vision. There is intention and purpose behind taking the photograph. Often the portrait is well thought out and designed to capture the emotion or the story behind the image. This is what separates us. Our goal to create something meaningful, something that the viewers can connect with on an emotional level. Images that actually tell the story.
Nothing average about us...
- Creation - We draw inspiration from everything around us. Your ideas and stories inspire us.
- Wedding Planning: For weddings we help you plan out your timeline and have a very helpful Wedding Weekend Survival Guide that will help everyone who is important on your day stay on the same page.
- Designing a Session - Clothing, hair style and makeup. We guide you to find a look that inspires you. We want your family to feel great during their session.
- Choosing our backdrops - your location and time of day, and time of year is unique. We visit the location we will be using 2 weeks before your date. The settings we choose help us achieve certain looks for your scene. Many factors come into play when selecting an area to shoot in. We carefully choose an area that will render similar results to what you see on our website.
- Lighting - We prefer to shoot with natural light. It makes the shoot more efficient. We bring lighting and modifiers to help us bend the lighting situation to our benefit.
- Posing - We will guide you into a pose that feels genuine and looks stunning on camera. We inspire you to interact and can coach you to the best facial expressions.
- Processing - I hand select the absolute best images from your day. Then I curate each one to look it's best. Creative Portraits are edited by hand with close attention to detail to ensure that they look amazing.
- Heirloom Products - It would be a shame if I created these gorgeous meaningful portraits and then told you to take the images to Walmart and have prints made. When you order fine art prints though me, I guarantee that they will be held to the highest scrutiny for color accuracy and detail. These fine art heirloom prints are made to last, and they will still look amazing when they are passed down.
About the fine art velvet print . . .
The fine art velvet print is a soft, delicate, 100% cotton paper. The paper is .58mm thick and textured and showcases your portraits without glare. I have samples available for you to see at your session as well.
Our fine art papers are hand-selected for their superior quality. They are designed for high quality digital fine art reproduction, all of these papers have a matte appearance with excellent image sharpness and optimal color density and gradation.
Produced to the highest archival standards, our fine art papers are acid-free, pH neutral, and made from pure cellulose. They’re inkjet printed with archival pigment inks that significantly enhance the visual brilliance of both your color and black & white images. These inks also have a substantial longevity that keeps your images beautiful for generations.
Our expertese in all areas helps us create consistent results everytime. So you can rest assured that you are in very good hands.